The City of Frederick's Parking Department operates parking meters, municipal lots, and five parking decks throughout Downtown Frederick. Read on to learn six ways the City's Parking Department makes it convenient to Park Frederick.
- Free Holiday Parking - On Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 26) and Frosty Friday (Friday, November 27), free parking is available at all meters and decks. Additionally, free parking (meters and decks) will be offered every weekend from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day from Saturday at 8:00 AM through Monday at 6:00 AM.
- Monthly Garage Passes - The City provides monthly deck passes at a cost of $97.00 per month. Monthly passes are a great option for businesses interested in providing parking for their employees and residents seeking covered off-street parking. For additional information, please contact the City Parking Office at 301-600-1429
- Parkmobile App - Out of quarters? Business meeting running over? With the Parkmobile App,
you can add value to City parking meters from the convenience of your phone. Download the Parkmobile app to get started. Specific questions may also be addressed by the City Parking
Office at 301-600-1429.
- Pre-Paid Parking Meter Card - Each parking meter has a slot that can accept a pre-paid parking meter card. Rather than carrying change in your car, individuals can purchase a pre-paid parking meter card, add a balance to it, and use it to pay at parking meters. The cards can be purchased in increments of $20, $30, $40, or $50, and there is a one-time $5 activation fee. Cards can be "rebooted" or reloaded up to 63 times after the first purchase. Pre-Paid Parking Meter Cards can be purchased at 2 South Court Street. For more information, please contact the City Parking Office at 301-600-1429.
- Pre-Paid Validation Tickets (Also Known as the "Park & Shop Program") - Hosting clients, business guests, or customers and want to pay for their parking? The City offers pre-paid validation cards for garage parking. Validation cards are available in dollar increments up to $7, and are great for customers, clients, and guests. If you have never used the program, plan on contacting the Parking Department at least 3-5 days before you need the tickets. Pre-Paid Validation Tickets can be purchased at 2 South Court Street. For additional information, please contact the City Parking Office at 301-600-1429.
- Deck Debit Cards - Deck Debit Cards are pre-loaded and can be used in any parking deck in Frederick. Cards can be purchased with $50 of parking credit. There is a $5 activation fee when you purchase the card, and it can be reloaded in any increment. Deck Debit Cards can be purchased at 2 South Court Street. For additional information, please contact the City Parking Office at 301-600-1429.
For more information about these programs and other parking questions, contact the City Parking Office or visit their site online.