This month, our Partner Spotlight highlights Frederick County Workforce Services and the work they do with residents and businesses in Frederick.
We recently spoke with Workforce Services Marketing Communications specialist, Julie Anderson, and learned helpful information and data about the County-wide program.
1. What services are provided by your organization?
For businesses, we utilize innovative strategies to help identify and achieve recruitment, retention and training goals. Services for businesses include: placement assistance, job listing opportunities, customized employee training, access to funding for training, outplacement services, use of onsite facilities, and on-the-job training programs for new hires.
For job seekers, we provide comprehensive career management services, including: career assessment and vocational counseling, computer and job search seminars, assistance with resume and interview preparation, career training scholarships, and access to hundreds of current job listings through the Maryland Workforce Exchange.
2. What are your top priorities?
The number one priority we have is to match the needs of businesses with the resources, tools and talent they need to grow. We work directly with local businesses to support their workforce recruitment efforts and to provide training grants to offset the costs associated with hiring, training and retaining employees.
3. What are some interesting facts about Workforce Services?
- We have more than a dozen Certified Professional Resume Writers on our staff, and we provide FREE resume reviews for residents of Frederick County on a weekly basis!
- We were named as Frederick County’s Best Employment Agency according to a survey by the Frederick News-Post.
- You can connect with us on one of our many social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!
- We work with hundreds of businesses in Frederick County every year to fill thousands of job openings!
- We manage an annual summer jobs program for young adults in Frederick County who are facing obstacles to employment.
4. What type of clients are best positioned to take advantage of your services?
In addition to working with businesses, we also support individuals at any stage in their career planning, whether they are just entering the workforce for the first time, or whether they are ready to change careers and refocus efforts on different job options. We can identify the key skills needed for individuals to be successful and marketable candidates in today’s job market.
5. Please share any news or upcoming events!
Here are just a few of our many upcoming events. Check out our online calendar at www.FrederickWORKS.com to view all future events.
Federal Jobs Workshop: May 21 from 8:30 – 12:30
My Money, My Wealth Financial Workshop Series: May 21, 23 and 25
The LinkedIn Connection: May 25 from 8:30 – 11:30
Walkersville Job Search Series: May 16, May 30, June 13, June 27
Staffing Agency Job Fair: June 14 from 2:00 – 4:00
If you go:
200 Monroe Ave, Frederick, MD 21701