Small Business Saturday isn’t the only day to Shop Small. In the City of Frederick, 95% of all businesses are small businesses, which mean they have 50 or fewer employees. Based on InfoUSA data, 88% of City businesses have fewer than 25 employees.
If you live in or around Frederick, you know shopping small is a source of pride for many, and the options are endless year-round. Here are a few ways to celebrate small businesses this holiday season and beyond:
- Sing for Your City – Follow the Frederick County Office of Economic Development for details on how to show your Shop Small spirit by singing for your city.
- Explore New Neighborhoods – Small, locally-owned businesses in Frederick are also tucked inside commercial shopping centers. Discover a new neighborhood when you shop this season. Here are a few local dining tips if you are exploring on The Golden Mile.
- Find a Festive Event – Events throughout Downtown Frederick and across The City encourage visitors and residents to shop local and shop small. From Frosty Friday to horse and carriage rides, the season is full of special holiday activities, programs, entertainment, and events. Find a holiday event.
- Park Easy - Take advantage of free holiday parking in Downtown Frederick during the holiday season. On Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 26) and Frosty Friday (Friday, November 27), free parking is available at all meters and decks. Additionally, free parking (meters and decks) will be offered every weekend from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day from Saturday at 8:00 AM through Monday at 6:00 AM.
- Share How You Shop Small - Use #ShopSmall to share how you shop small in Frederick. The photo could be you dining at a restaurant, picking up bread at a local bakery, visiting a favorite shop or business, or just getting a jump start on your shopping.