DefTech is an initiative of the Maryland Department of Commerce, funded by the Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment and the US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration through its Regional Innovation Strategies Program and includes twelve partner organizations across the state including Frederick City and County.
So, what is DefTech?
is a Defense Technology Commercialization Center that…
· Works with entrepreneurs and companies to help them commercialize intellectual property developed by the US Department of Defense.
· Offers one-on-one support to identify intellectual property that may be of use to the company, and works with them to acquire a license for its use.
· Provides education and training on subjects relevant to the commercialization of intellectual property and the development of new products..
· Facilitates opportunities for entrepreneurs to network and connect with resources that can assist with the commercialization process.
· Identifies gaps in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and develops new solutions to address them.
The program’s website will be launching soon. In the meantime, contact the City’s Department of Economic Development for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.